November 5, 2007

Pregnancy #2 - Oh the difference!

The difference between the first and second pregnancy is staggering. Even to me. Let me share some of my observations:
Pregnancy #1:
- Felt sick, puked plenty, was tired, sat on my butt - a lot.
- Felt the baby at 15 weeks, because I was sitting on my butt and could pay attention.
- Had heartburn that brought me to tears at times. Seriously. That bad.
- Knew every doctor appointment and could not wait until the next one.
- Read every email, in detail, about the baby’s development.
- Knew, to the day, how far along I was.

Pregnany #2:
- Rarely felt nauseous, puke only when I forget to eat, had more energy in the first trimester than now, cherish the time to sit on my butt.
- Felt the baby move around 18 weeks and only because Mac brought it up and asked if I had felt it yet. I decided I should take the time to sit still long enough to know that sure enough, the baby was (and is) a mover and shaker.
- The heartburn is getting worse but the fact that I have not finished a bottle of Mylanta yet is great!
- Usually remember the day before that I have an appointment at which point I scour to find a babysitter for McKayla.
- Read the emails when I have time.
- When asked how far along I am, have answered “I don’t know, 20 or 21 weeks, something like that. About halfway through. I think.”

1 comment:

Aunt Linda said...

Another baby, how wonderful! Congratulation! I really enjoyed all the pictures and reading the update on you all. Thank you for sharing your lives with me.
Love,
Aunt Linda