June 25, 2008

Full of Pride

It is with a great deal of pride that I share the good news that Mac has passed his CAE exam and earned his much-deserved credential! I am so incredibly proud of him! He knew the letter was expected in the mail and kept calling to see if it had arrived. He wanted me to be the one to open it and share the news - talk about pressure ;) When it finally arrived and I began to open it, I was so nervous. I was shaking and sweating. When I saw that he had done it, I literally began jumping up and down yelling and cheering and crying. McKayla thought this was great fun so she joined me and started jumping, dancing, clapping and laughing at her crazy mama. I threw the girls in the car as fast I could, made my way to the nearest Safeway, purchased a Congratulations balloon bouquet and headed for his office. I wanted to surprise him in a big way and let everyone at his work know how proud I am. When I arrived he was on the phone with his Dad complaining that I had not called yet and he really wanted to know ;) It could not have been more perfect. I walked into his office with both girls and held out the Congratulations balloon so he would understand. His face lit up and he said "are you serious?" It was a great moment and I am so glad that I got to be the bearer of GOOD news!!! For those of you not familiar with the credential, please see the official press release below:

HUGH M. CANNON EARNS CERTIFIED ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE CREDENTIAL

Washington, DC, June 24, 2008 -- The American Society of Association Executives has announced that Hugh M. Cannon, Client Leader at Association Management Group (AMG) and Executive Director or the American Council of Engineering Companies of Metropolitan Washington (ACEC/MW) has earned the Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential. The CAE is the highest professional credential in the association industry. Less than five percent of all association professionals have earned the CAE.

To be designated as a Certified Association Executive, an applicant must have a minimum of three years experience in nonprofit organization management, complete a minimum of 75 hours of specialized professional development, pass a stringent examination in association management and pledge to uphold a code of ethics. To maintain the certification, individuals must undertake ongoing professional development and activities in association and nonprofit management. Approximately 3,400 association professionals currently hold the CAE credential, which was first awarded in 1961.

Like I said, SOOOOO proud!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU MAC! YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD! I REMEMBER WHEN I PASSED THE CPA EXAM SO I KINDA KNOW HOW IT FEELS- BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS EVEN HARDER TO COME BY. GOOD JOB!

AND GOOD JOB TO AMY AND THE GIRLS, TOO, BECAUSE I REMEMBER THAT IT TAKES LOTS OF SACRIFICE ON EVERYONE'S PART. ONWARD AND UPWARD.

NORA

p.s. I KNEW YOU HAD GOOD TASTE (smile) but I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE SO SMART TOO. HA!

Jenn said...

Hahaha, I read the first line and thought, "another one! when's the baby due?" :) Hehehe. CONGRATS on your latest baby Mac, your CAE credential!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought the same as Jenn. Congrats Mac and Amy!

Love, Kendra & Matty

Christy said...

Wow! That's awesome! Congrats to both of you!! I love how you brought him ballons to his office and surprised him!!

Anonymous said...

Hey,
after looking up almost half of the words used in the article I finally came to understand what big an achievement that is... Congratulations Mac!

Anna

Cristi said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

I just got around to reading this so I apologize. It got hidden in your folder and I was just reviewing th folder and saw that I had missed something. Congrats to you Mac. It can't be easy trying to please 3 females and do the job too. Smile!! Ames knows I'm kidding. You could not have done it without her. See you guys in September.

Justin & Erin Linton Family said...

WOW, congrats, I have never heard of that.. Way to go Mac.. That is amazing. CUTE GIRLS TOO!!